Sony’s Xperia Tablet Z
Look out, because the new Android platform Xperia Tablet Z will be revealed today in Barcelona at the Mobile World Congress. The tablet is said to be the “world’s thinnest 10.1-inch tablet” at 6.9 millimeters, just over 1 pound, and get this, “waterproof” in up to three feet of water for 30 minutes.
Their new tablet is being marketed as a companion device for the common living room place. It boasts an infrared port, so you can use it as a remote control. By using a new app called TV SideView it gives you the ability to view your local program guides, search for content by voice command and then share what you’re watching through social networks.
Specs on the Xperia Tablet Z:
- 1.05 pounds
- 2GB of RAM
- quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon
- S4 Pro processor
- 1920×1200 display running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean(to be updated to 4.2 “after launch.)
- 8-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera
- 16GB/32GB storage configurations
- microSD slot than can take up to a 64GB card.
The 16 gigabyte Wi-Fi version will cost $499, and the 32GB model will cost $599, and available to the U.S. in May.
Toronto Professional Services Team